Saturday, December 24, 2011

New Year, New Weight Loss Resolutions?

For many of us, the first of January means the inner diet genie emerges. "Gonna lose those holiday pounds," we proclaim. If we can be healthier by changing certain habits, we should do it---but let's make sure we're motivated, not by self-dislike ("I hate the way I look!") but rather, by loving self-acceptance.

After all, self-acceptance doesn’t mean you have to stay where you are. Our bodies are precious gifts and a blessing from our Creator. They can help us as we seek the Holy.
Let me quote a prayer from the pages of my book,
GRACE ON THE GO: Quick Prayers for Determined Dieters. 


A Prayer of YES!
"Dear Lord, I say YES!
Yes to loving myself.
I am as you made me.
Unique.
Extraordinary.
Unparalleled.
 Dear Lord, I say YES!
Yes to healthy eating.
Being active.
Choosing right.
I surrender this area of my life to God.
Dear Lord, I say YES!"

 “O God Help me To believe The truth about myself No matter How beautiful it is!” (by Macrina Wiederkehr, from Loving Yourself More, AveMaria Press p. 31)

No comments: